Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hodinkee Chubb Rolex watch insurance is easy to get, very hard to collect on a claim!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hodinkee Chubb Rolex watch insurance is easy to get, very hard to collect on a claim!

CHUBB IS A NIGHTMARE TO DEAL WITH WHEN COLLECTING ON A CLAIM.

I bound a policy for a few expensive Rolexes with Hodinkee which the insurance itself is underwritten by Chubb. Easy peasy, just click, upload a pic of the watch, bam! you're underwritten with no questions asked.

BUT...when the day came to collect on the claim they asked me for everything and anything, not just the expected proof that I bought the watches (and I even had recent appraisals) but also financial statements, tax returns, credit card statements, and any evidence that I owed money to anyone, basically they put me through the ringer! made me grind through examinations under oath, just anything they could to wear me down and discourage me from proceeding.

When you make a claim Chubb may try to come with any excuse possible to NOT pay you, is my experience.

Just BEWARE that Hodinkee and Chubb will do everything they can to DENY your claim when it comes time to pay, so you may not have the coverage you think you have until it is tested.

As a high end watch collector, I went through the entire Hodinkee / Chubb claims process and while grueling and no fun, after a few months they did in fact pay my full claim. I had to go through a very long examination under oath (EUO) too.

HOWEVER, once you get a single claim approved, you may be cancelled or not renewed at the end of your term. This is what happened to me.

Comment

Working...
    X